Antarctic Studies Course Details
- All Antarctic Studies courses by semester (CSQ website)
- 100 level courses (CSQ website) - Including our online summer course ANTA101
- 200 level courses (CSQ website)
- All postgraduate courses (CSQ website)
Our summer Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies (PCAS) and summer course ANTA101 are both offered for 2013/4 enrolment (PCAS applications close 1 August; ANTA101 applications open early October each year - you should enrol as a Certificate of Proficiency student if you are taking this paper only and do not wish to credit it to a degree).
Check your Eligibility to Enrol
Postgraduate Teaching and Supervision
Gateway Antarctica offers teaching and supervision across several graduate qualifications:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies (PCAS) is a fifteen week in-depth immersion in the frozen continent and surrounding seas. It includes a field trip to Antarctica.
- Master of Antarctic Studies (MAntaStud) degree is a full-time two-year programme. It is designed so that its requirements can be completed by students who are based at other New Zealand universities.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Antarctic Studies (Phd) is an advanced course of study and research, which makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding in the field of study.
Currently under review:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Antarctic Studies (PGDipAntaStud) consists of one academic year for full time students. It is equivalent to Part 1 of the Masters of Antarctic Studies.
Details about our annual public lecture series.